Collaborative Online Projects are unavailable from 3 – 15 December 2010
Learning Place system upgrade:
This planned upgrade is to ensure that single sign-on and data migration can be implemented across all Learning Place applications for the commencement of the 2011 school year including Summer Schools (10 January 2011).
Learning Place systems that will be unavailable from the 3 - 15 December are:
- New Learning Place
- iConnect (web conferencing)
- eLearn (Blackboard)
- Curriculum Exchange
- Communication tools (including project rooms)
- Collaborative Online Projects (RAPS, Travel Buddies, Virtual Field Trips)
- Learning Place Administration System (LPAS)
NB: The Professional Communities and MediaSite presentations will be available throughout this period.
- Single sign on: Logon once with your DET network logon ID and access all Learning Place systems.
- Access to the new Learning Place website: Staff and students will access learning via the new website.
- Automatic registration: All EQ staff and students will automatically be members of the Learning Place.
- Improved administration system: LPAS will be decommissioned and an improved Course Access Management System (CAMS) will be available to manage online courses and participants.
- Improved resource discovery: Search for digital resources via single search.
16 December - 10 January 2011: There may be some disruptions to services during this BETA period for testing, data migration and maintenance.
10 January 2011 onwards: All Learning Place systems will be operational.
3 December - 15 December 2010
The Learning Place systems will be unavailable to all users.
16 December - 10 January 2011
There may be some disruptions to services during this BETA period for testing, data migration and maintenance.
All Learning Place systems will be operational.
The Learning Place will continue to provide regular updates through
the new Learning Place website
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Please contact the Learning Place
if you need support or advice.